With the development of Hudson Yards underway, West Chelsea has become a hot spot for savvy investors. We have seen prices steadily rise over the past few years as residential developments have broken ground and closed sales. Per market trends, first offering purchases have proven to be a wise investment as their values significantly increased by the time the project was delivered. In 2014 the penthouse at the esteemed Chelsea conversion, Walker Tower, set the record for the highest downtown sale ever at $50.9 million. Another unit in the building recently achieved nearly $3 million in profit in that flip. West of 9th Avenue to the Hudson River, West Chelsea is beginning to see that appreciation, as well. For those looking to invest wisely, the time is now to purchase as new development offerings come to market.
What you'll see:
- The High Line Park (pictured above) is elevated above Manhattan, spans the length of 1.45 miles from Gansevoort Street to 34th Street.
- Yoga & Health Food Stores
- Contemporary Art Galleries
- Chelsea Market
- Yummy restaurants
- People walking dogs & dog boutiques
New Developments to watch:
- 520 West 28th Street - Zaha Hadid's highly anticipated condo project slated to begin sales in the spring of 2015.
- 508 West 24th Street - Cary Tamarkin's new development atop the High Line. Only two penthouse units left!
- 500 West 21st Street - Kohn Pederson Fox building is sold out and slated to close the fourth quarter of 2015.
- 522 West 29th Street - Soori High Line, private pools in 16 of the 31 units.
- 261 West 25th Street - located in Chelsea, this new development has only three units left. High end finishes and nice floor plates.
*For more information, Curbed.com features an article mapping out new developments along the High Line.
- West to East - 9th Avenue to 12th Avenue
- South to North - 14th Street to 34th Street
- A/C/E line along Eighth Avenue at 14th Street, 23rd Street (local) and 34th Street.
- 1/2/3 line along Seventh Avenue at 14th Street, 23rd & 28th Street (local) & 34th Street.
- Times Square Shuttle and express hub is only ten blocks north of Chelsea
- The Red Cat Cutting edge American cuisine with a relaxed atmosphere. Favorite dish is the local skate with white polenta.
- Cookshop Savory and innovative dishes with a cozy and elegant ambiance. This Tenth Avenue gem is a go-to favorite for impressing guests.
- Pastai Intimate spot with small dishes that will delight the taste buds. This is a fantastic choice for date night.
- Tipsy Parson Fun spot serving "belly-filling goodness" with their American cuisine. Be sure to try one of their signature cocktails.
- Co. Italian/ Neapolitan Pizzeria with a relaxed vibe and cavernous space. Patio open in the warmer months. Try the sangria and Pizza Bianca with ricotta!